Book: Stuck Leader’s Guide: The Places We get Stuck and the God Who Sets Us Free: So many of us live stuck. Stuck in trying to seem perfect. Stuck in sadness. Stuck feeling numb. Stuck pursuing more stuff to make us happy. Stuck in something we can’t even name. These stuck places often go unattended inside of us and they are shaping our lives more than we would like to think.
In Stuck, Bible teacher Jennie Allen shows us where we are stuck and why:
- We are stuck in anger because we aren’t trusting God to defend us.
- We are stuck in discontentment because we are looking to the wrong things for fulfillment.
- We are stuck in worry because we have made something other than God our idol.
- We are stuck doing too much because we don’t know our real purpose.
- We are stuck in sadness because we have wrong expectations.
Through deep Bible study and practical exercises, Jennie shows us how we’ve been trying to fix this stuck feeling with everything but God. He has a plan for these spaces inside of us, the places we feel broken, but we have to go to Him. Stuck is a journey to take an honest look at the fight going on inside, leading us to the God who has a plan to restore us. Our stuck places are the very places that make us ache for God, and we find Him waiting there for us with hope and freedom.
The Stuck Leader’s Guide serves as a tool to prepare you in leading this study and to encourage you along the way. It helps you as the leader to effectively point your group to the overarching theme of each lesson.
This leader’s guide includes:
- The vision for Stuck
- Session-by-session helps to guide your group through the study, addressing the needs of the various types of learners in your group.
- Walk-through for using each piece of the study: Videos, the personal study projects in the Study Guide, and the Discussion Cards.
- Helpful tips for leading a group, and much more.
About Jennie Allen
Jennie Allen is an Arkansas native but Texan forever, Bible teacher, author, and the founder and visionary of IF:Gathering. A passionate leader following God’s call on her life to catalyse this generation to live what they believe, Jennie is the author of Restless, Anything, and her most recent book, Nothing to Prove. Jennie Allen is an award- winning and bestselling author of Anything and Restless, as well as the Bible studies Stuck, Chase, and Restless. The founder and visionary for the IF: Gathering, she is a passionate leader following God’s call on her life to catalyze a generation of women to live what they believe. Jennie has a master’s in Biblical studies from Dallas Theological Seminary and lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband, Zac and their four children.