Have You walked with Jesus for a lengthy time?, are you a new believer in Christ? or Are you in search of a higher reason in life?. Below Are easy recommendations that will remind you that getting nearer to God is simply one small act away. Spend some time with God today, and you will be blessed and refreshed.
1. Read your bible. Underline, highlight, or write out passages, verses, phrases, or words that speak to you. These are the gifts that keep on giving when you need encouragement down the road. Meditate on Scripture. Choose a verse or short passage, read it several times, and invite the Holy Spirit to speak to you about what you have learned in the context of what’s happening in your life right now.
2. Get quiet, Limit The Time You Spend On Social Media. Turn off the radio and TV, step away from your computer, put away your phone, and find a quiet spot to simply rest in God’s presence.
3. Pray. Write out your prayers in a dedicated notebook; these can be for others or yourself. Then spend time in prayer. This is how we talk with God. It’s an open line of communication that allows us to build a relationship with Him. Remember, prayer is about you and God, so be humble and don’t make a show of it to others. “But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you” (Matthew 6:6 NIV). Not sure how to pray? Check out the template Jesus gives us in Matthew 6:9-13— otherwise known as The Lord’s Prayer.
4. Put on some worship music and immerse yourself in the melody and lyrics. Sing along, dance…or just listen. Let the Holy Spirit minister to you.
5. Share Your Testimonies: what God has done for you with a friend or family member. Witnessing is a powerful tool for our own spiritual growth, and pleases the Lord.
6. Fast. Fasting brings clarity of mind and combined with any of the above, gives you the potential for a remarkable encounter with God. thereby Starving the Flesh and Satisfying the Spirit.
7. Surround yourself with Christian Friends. Associate yourself with people of good quality & Christlikeness, for it is better to be alone than in bad company. try to have Christian Related Conversation. Be careful who you spend time with, as their thoughts and actions will impact yours. Fellow believers will encourage you in your walk with God. “Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?” (2 Corinthians 6:14 ESV).
8. Develop/Embrace and Live out the fruit of the Spirit. Which are characteristics of a Christians. These are the attitudes, behaviors, and traits that someone who believes in Jesus Christ should show. which are: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control
9. Marvel at God’s Creation. Walk in the forest, sit by a bubbling stream, watch a mother bird feed her young, or drive out in the country for a picnic. Let the experience soak in.
10. Stream Christian Encouraging Content and Sermon. Which helps To Build/stair up your faith. Also, Listen to Other People Testimonies
11. Do Good Works. Do something for someone else without expecting anything in return.
Eg. VOLUNTEERING AT A CHILDREN’S OUTREACH MINISTRY, Heling your FREINDS, Neighbor Etc.
12. Use the gifts God has given you. If He has called you to create, then create. If He has called you to administer, then administer. If He has called you to shepherd, then shepherd.
13. Avoid Gossip. Stop and change the subject. As soon as someone starts to gossip, intentionally discuss another topic. Resolve that gossip is a sin
14. Give back to God.
Earnestly give the best of every part of your life to God—time, money, possessions, thought, etc.—as a way to show gratitude. “Whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver” (2 Corinthians 9:6-8 NIV).
15. Take communion.
Participate in a public gathering of believers to remember the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, along with what His actions accomplished (Luke 22:19-21).
16. Repent of sins.
If we confess our sins to God, He will forgive them and make us right (1 John 1:9). However, if we deliberately sin, His sacrifice no longer remains (Hebrews 10:26). So, if you’re struggling with a particular sin, it’s better to remove yourself from any environment where you’ll be tempted to act on that sin (Matthew 5:29).
17. Journal what God has been speaking to you about today.
18. Learn to Forgive Others.
“For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses” (Matthew 6:14-15 ESV). Forgiving those who’ve wronged us allows us to heal and return our focus to God.
19. Avoid things God hates.
“There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers. My son, keep your father’s commandment and forsake not your mother’s teaching” (Proverbs 6:16-20 ESV).
20. Love and Thank God For Who he is and what he Has Done
BONUS: Be grateful. Count, and thank God for, your blessings every day.
If you have/Know Any More ways, Suggestions, or thought on Way to Get Closer To God Kindly Drop it in The Comment Below :). Hope the above Listed Helped